Poppyseed Cheesecake Tarts
by Butter & Sugar
Individual tarts filled half with poppyseed filling and half with a smooth and creamy no-bake cheesecake filling.
Package of frozen sweetened mini pie shells
1 cup poppy seeds
1/2 cup water
2 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp rum flavored extract
1 cup creamcheese
1 cup whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup confectioners sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to temperature according to pie shell instructions.
2. Soak poppyseeds with water and grind in food processor.
3. In a medium bowl, combine ground poppyseeds, sugar, and bread crumbs.
4. Whip egg whites into stiff peaks, add rum extract. Fold gently into the poppyseeds.
5. Fill the baked pie shells half full with poppyseed mixture, about 1-2 tbsp.
6. Bake tarts until edges are golden brown.
7. Whip whipping cream. Add vanilla and sugar. Combine the sweetened whip into creamcheese.
8. Top poppyseeds with 1-2 tbsp of cheesecake filling.
9. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1-2 hours.